Wright Water Engineers, Inc. (WWE) is a well-respected, employee-owned, stable consulting engineering firm that provides full-service water resources, environmental and civil engineering at offices in Denver, Glenwood Springs and Durango, Colorado. The firm was founded in 1961 and has a staff of approximately 45+ people who include senior level engineers, biologists, chemists, geologists, hydrogeologists, hydrologists, and scientists. WWE works throughout the United States and has an active client list of approximately 250 clients. WWE offers a dynamic and challenging work environment with profit-sharing, significant bonuses and excellent benefits including medical and dental plans, flexible medical allowance, disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, and competitive salaries. WWE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
WWE typically hires two college–level engineering interns each summer to learn about water resources engineering and provide water resources engineering support services. Our summer of 2017 internship positions have been filled. If you are interested in a summer of 2018 internship position, please check this page in the fall of 2017 for application instructions.
WWE’s Glenwood Springs office would like to hire a water resources professional to assist with wide ranging activities involving surface water and groundwater quantity and quality issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Representative work tasks include water rights, river hydraulic modeling, environmental permitting, surface and groundwater hydrology, well permitting, preparing graphics, data analysis, writing reports, field work including collecting water quality samples.
Email resume to email@example.com.
WWE is seeking an energetic, motivated Professional Engineer with at least 10-years of water resources engineering experience to join our Glenwood Springs office. The ideal candidate will have experience working with public and private clients in the Roaring Fork Valley and more-broadly in western Colorado. Applicants should demonstrate proficiency in consulting engineering, including developing new work, managing projects on schedule and on budget, and fulfilling administrative responsibilities.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Kristine Thrush, WWE’s Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WWE is seeking a mid-level environmental scientist/engineer with project experience working on wetland and water quality projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting technical work on projects managed by others in addition to generating and managing their own work.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a natural science or environmental engineering discipline
2. At least 5 years related post-graduate work experience
3. Experience generating project work as a consultant
4. Ability to write letters and reports that convey technical information to clients which do not have technical backgrounds
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
6. Experience independently delineating wetlands and other potential Waters of the U.S. in one or more of the ecoregions present in Colorado
7. Working knowledge of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Section 404 of the Clean Water Act regulatory program, including jurisdictional determinations and general permits.
1. Master’s degree (or higher) in natural science or environmental engineering field
2. Experience working on water quality projects such as NPDES discharge permit applications, water quality assessments and/or TMDLs
3. Expertise using mapping-grade GPS units
4. Ability to use ESRI GIS software to produce report-quality maps
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Access for database management and analysis
6. Applied use of statistics and statistical software
In addition to a resume, please email a 1-2 page cover letter that highlights your experience overlap with all of the required qualifications, and any of the desired qualifications, to email@example.com.